AAHPERD Launches New Advocacy Tools
Advocating for quality health and physical education programs for every child in America just got a whole lot easier! The American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD), partnering with Soft Edge, is thrilled to offer new and enhanced advocacy tools to members and anyone committed to improving children’s health.
Click the red “Take Action Now” button to access action alerts, bill summaries and to contact your members of Congress as well as local media outlets. Utilize each of the new tools below to make your voice heard.
Take a look at AAHPERD’s new advocacy webpage - AAHPERD Take Action - view key issues AAHPERD is monitoring and find your elected officials.
- · Issues - access all action alerts to ensure your voice is heard in Congress
- · Directory - find Congressional contact information and use the Guide to Congress to help navigate the advocacy process
- · Bills - read bill summaries on current legislation that AAHPERD is watching
- · Share - download and post web stickers on your website to encourage other to advocate
- · Elections - track current elections in your state
- · Media - easily contact your local media to share the importance of health and physical education in schools with your community
Take action today to guarantee that health and physical education will be addressed by Congress and become integral programs in schools across the country. Share this valuable advocacy link with your colleagues, friends and families. Whether you are a physical education teacher, parent, principal, superintendent, school board member or concerned citizen, you have a role to play in helping our youth have quality health and physical education programs.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Connect with AAHPERD on Social Media
Head over to Facebook and “like” AAHPERD. On any given day, you could engage with leading experts in the profession, including award winning K-12 physical, health and dance education teachers, some you might find right in your own backyard.
Follow @NTAAHPERD and the hashtag #shapeofthenation on Twitter to find links to similar articles, free physical activity ideas to try at home and to learn the latest changes taking place in school physical education.
More of a visual learner? AAHPERD’s on Pinterest too (www/pinterest.com/AAHPERD). Follow our boards to discover delicious and healthy recipes for the family, downloadable simple yet powerful infographics to help you advocate for quality physical and health education in your local schools and much more!